Refugee Travel Documents

hot air balloons
Application Requirements

All documents need to include a date, and a signature where necessary. Documents that need a signature are: letters, tenancy agreements, forms, certificates, or any evidence you get from someone else (your employer)

Gather as much evidence and information as you can.

It is important you send your documents in a clear and organised method.

What do I need?

These documents are essential for the fee waiver application.





Additional Documents

Please provide the following if you have them:

  • National passport(s)

  • National ID card(s)

  • Leave to remain status letters

  • Current or expired Home Office travel documents

  • European Uniform Format Forms on with visas attached

  • National Insurance Number (if not shown on BRP)

star icon

If children are applying

You must provide one of the following

  • Birth certificate 

  • Letter from parent giving consent

  • Court Order that parent/guardian has parental responsibility

Example: letter from parent giving consent

If you choose to provide a letter giving consent from a parent, it must contain this information:


                                                                                                             [Address of parent]

 To whom it may concern,

[Name of child, nationality, date of birth]

I consent to this application for a Refugee Travel Document for [Name of child]

I am the father/mother of [Name of child] and have parental responsibility for them.


Yours sincerely


[Name of parent]

Once you have gathered all of the evidence needs for the application, you will need to record and send it to your caseworker. This page shows you how to use a photocopier & scanner, how to printscreen pages from your computer and phone, and how to electroncially send documents to your caseworker.

Translate »